Our sustainable approach
Residue collection and repurposing
After forest harvesting, we provide environmental clean-up services that remove wood fibre and bark residues that would otherwise be left on the forest floor. We also work closely with the construction industry and local sawmills to repurpose their wood waste to produce our range of sustainable products.Why Azwood
Industry waste that's repurposed
- Sawdust and shavingsFrom sawmills and wood processors
- Untreated wood blocks and wood wasteFrom the construction industry
- Manures and fungiFrom the agriculture industry
- Quality lumberFrom sawmills and wood processors
- Bark, debris, and slashFrom the forestry industry
- Trade waste and byproductsFrom other local industries
Our partners and suppliers
With our forestry clean-up, there is zero risk of slash washing into waterways and risking the community and the environment.
We support our commercial partners with New Zealand sourced, natural products that help them on their sustainability journeys and to access a circular economy.See our productsOur capabilities
We work with some of the country's most important industries
- Education, manufacturing, hospitalsOur industrial wood fuel products are a carbon-neutral and renewable alternative to fossil fuels.Commercial fuels
- HorticultureOur composts, potting mixes, and other growing medias offer natural alternatives for New Zealand growers across the South Island.Horticulture
- Azwood pellet fuelWe supply retailers across New Zealand to help homeowners heat their homes with our range of certified wood pellet fuel brands.Stock pellet fuel
- Civil contracting, landscaping, local governmentWe offer a range of landscape materials, wood-based certified playground surfacing, and bark-based natural odour control and rain garden mixes.Landscaping supplies
- Forestry servicesWe partner with local forestry to provide full-service clean-up services which helps save costs, mobilise debris, and quickly regenerate forests.Forestry services
- AgricultureOur animal bedding range provides farmers a high quality wood-based, natural alternative.Animal bedding
Our commitment to sustainability
Working to create a circular economy
Sustainability to us is resourcefulness and our ability to help organisations access a circular economy.
We’re always looking for new opportunities to be sustainable. Finding new ways to be resourceful, environmentally responsible and improving our products for our customers.
Some recent innovative initiatives Azwood has achieved:
Supporting the move to wood energy
Successfuel is a framework for organisations transitioning to renewable wood energy as an alternative to fossil fuels.
This empowers organisations to consider fuel alternatives that are better for the environment and help New Zealand transition to a lower carbon emissions future.Video: Successfuel at Logan Park High
Paper packaging for wood pellet fuel
With single-use plastics being a huge concern in today's society, Azwood started to consider other alternatives.
Our customers were asking for a plastic-free alternative and we listened. So we partnered with The Warehouse to create an eco-friendly alternative to the standard pellet fuel plastic packaging.Read the Resourcefuel® story