Who we are
Our mission is to enhance the environment by harnessing natural residues.
We have an overriding value of CARE for everything we do. That means caring for:
Our CARE values
- Can doWe’re a proactive, energetic team looking for new opportunities to grow, develop, and improve. We say YES!
- AccountabilityWe take ownership and responsibility for everything we do, say, and commit to ourselves.
- ResourcefulnessWe make the most of our time, energy, and resources.
- EnjoymentWe enjoy what we do. We have high energy and enthusiasm to perform to the best of our abilities.
We believe in being resourceful and making the most of what we've been given. All our products are made from natural wood residues that would otherwise end up in dump sites or landfills.
With our experience, expertise, and deep understanding of the repurposing process, we’re able to divert natural waste from landfills and give natural residues another purpose.Why choose Azwood
Repurposing natural waste for a greener tomorrow
We provide residue clean-up services to the forestry industry and use the residues we collect to manufacture natural products. We also partner with other local industries to repurpose natural waste, wood residues, sawdust, manures, fungi, trade by-products, and green waste.
Of forestry slash & other waste diverted from landfill on average per month.
Of wood waste diverted from landfills every year
Of C02 saved from fossil fuels through repurposing residues since 2004.
Our friendly team
Meet the team
We are a passionate group of individuals who are committed to using our skills and talents to help Azwood achieve its goals. We believe that Azwood is a leading force in resourcefulness, and we are proud to be a part of this team.
We're on a collective mission to enhance the environment by harnessing natural residues.Watch: Working at AzwoodCareers at Azwood
- Alex GriffithsCustomer Service
- Mikayla RouseExecutive Assistant
- Bryce SeniorKey Account ManagerLinkedIn
- Frank VoltolinaBusiness Development ManagerLinkedIn
- Haley ApplebyFinance Team Leader
- Wanita AstleCustomer Services Manager
- Leon GoosenBrightwater Site Manufacturing Manager
- Andrew NeruMarketing Team Leader
- Garth BuckGeneral Manager of Operations
- Johan VisscherForest Operations & Production Manager
- Kylie-Ann KearneyMarketing Coordinator
- Caleb HughesSales ManagerLinkedIn
- Aaron MeadMilton Site Manufacturing Manager
- Ruth RickettsCustomer Service
- Brook BrewertonManaging DirectorLinkedIn
- Glenn AllisonEves Site Manufacturing Manager
- Jacqui LintonSales Support
- Sue LoweAccounts Receivable AdministratorLinkedIn
- Jack RedwardBulk Fuels Manufacturing Manager
- Nilesh GoundarAccounts Payable Administrator
- Matt PortLogistics and Operations Coordinator
- Ferg BrewertonFounder
Our products and services help businesses reduce their environmental impact by supporting a circular economy in action.
Azwood partners with a wide range of industries throughout New Zealand's most important sectors.Our capabilities
Working with our community
We’re proud of the relationship we have with our local community and partner with organisations that share our values.
Some of Azwood’s recent community partnerships include:
- Case study
Nelson Tasman Hospice enhances care facility gardens with Azwood® Forest Floor barkA charity was looking for a low maintenance and sustainable garden for their patients and visitors to cherish. "Having the Azwood team support us with their in-kind donations of bark and the working bee, is pivotal."
- Case study
Green waste organic compost supplied for community garden project at Fossil Creek Farm
A local animal-assisted therapy farmstay built raised garden beds as part of a hands-on approach to helping others. “Our relationship with Azwood has been really good. With the compost, there was no compaction which makes it easy to pull weeds out and overall requires little maintenance.”